1.Slice the peels off of the citrus and place in a bowl or on a serving plate. Layer with thinly slivered fennel slices. Add avocado slices and shallot slivers.
2. In a small bowl, slowly whisk the olive oil into the champagne vinegar until emulsified. Add the honey and whisk to mix. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and season with more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with reserved fennel fronds and mint leaves.
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
If you would like a thinner dressing, add a little extra juice or water to thin it out.
Baked broccoli and cheddar quinoa bites make a great light, tasty and healthy snack.
1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer until tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes and let cool.
2. Mix everything, spoon into mini muffin pans and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until lightly golden brown on top, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Add 1 cup finely diced ham.
Option: Add 1 cup rinsed white beans.
For the crust
For the filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar. Using a pastry blender cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Pat the crumbs into a well greased 9 x 13 in baking pan. Bake the crust at 350 F for 10-12 min or until lightly browned.
3. While the crust is in the oven, mix together eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
4. Gently stir in the diced rhubarb. Pour the rhubarb mixture over the hot crust. Return bars to the hot oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F and bake for 30-35 min or until the filling is set.
5. Cool and cut into bars.
So cozy, so comforting and just so creamy. Best of all, this is made in 30 min from start to finish - so quick and easy!