So cozy, so comforting and just so creamy. Best of all, this is made in 30 min from start to finish - so quick and easy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup half and half, or more, as needed*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Melt butter in the stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaf and chicken thighs, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.